LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) Online - Part-time University of Law SQE
Our LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) course is designed for graduates who want to qualify as a solicitor using the new SQE route to practice and also gain a Master’s award. We focus on the skills that employers are seeking so that you can enhance your academic knowledge while preparing for the realities of life in legal practice, that’s why you’ll receive four weeks of guaranteed Qualifying Work Experience (QWE) within our Legal Advice Clinics. This course will ensure you’re fully prepared for your career as a solicitor, as well as success in the SQE exams.
Pass first time or study for free
We’re so confident in our SQE courses that, if you don’t pass SQE1 or SQE2, you can repeat our Exam Preparation Courses for free, as many times as you need.*
*See Terms and Conditions for full details
With one of the largest legal careers services in the UK, ULaw gives you the support and opportunities you need to make the best start in your legal career.
Study when and where you want and access world-class learning materials, including our unique methods of online engagement and unrivalled online tutor support.
We have SQE covered. Be ready to progress your legal training and take the SQE exams with a course that covers all you need to succeed in the SQE assessments.
Required pre-course study
Students will be recommended to take a pre-study online diagnostic test to check their understanding of the key foundation law subjects.
We use diagnostic testing to assess each student’s level of knowledge in black letter law for SQE1.
This course is divided into three parts:
SQE1 preparation (60 credits)
- Functioning Legal Knowledge (FLK)1 (Business Law and Practice, Legal Services, Dispute Resolution) (30 credits)
- Functioning Legal Knowledge (FLK)2 (Property Practice, Wills, Solicitors’ Accounts, Criminal Practice) (30 credits)
SQE2 preparation (30 credits)
- Case and Matter Analysis
- Legal Research
- Legal Writing
- Legal Drafting
Key Practice Areas (90 credits)
- 3 Key Practice Areas (KPAs) (20 credits each) plus 3 Additional Modules (10 credits each)
- 4 Key Practice Areas (KPAs) (20 credits each) plus 1 Additional Module (10 credits each)
- Mergers and Acquisitions (20 credits)
- Debt Finance (20 credits)
- Advanced Dispute Resolution (20 credits)
- Advanced Real Estate (20 credits)
- Commercial and International Trade (20 credits)
- Competition (20 credits)*
- Employment (20 credits)
- Insurance (20 credits)*
- Intellectual Property and Data (20 credits)
- Advanced Criminal Practice (20 credits)*
- Family (20 credits)
- Immigration (20 credits)*
- Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence (20 credits)
- Private Wealth (20 credits)
- Availability of the Key Practice Areas is subject to demand.
*These KPAs will not be offered in January 2022 (part-time).
Additional Modules include:
- Innovation, Technology and Legal Project Management (10 credits)
- Professional Effectiveness (10 credits)
- Law Firms and their Clients (10 credits)
- Commercial Law (10 credits)
- Competition Law (10 credits)**
- Corporate Crime (10 credits)**
- Employment Law (10 credits)**
- Finance and Funds (10 credits)**
- Intellectual Property (10 credits)**
- International Trade (10 credits)**
**These Additional Modules will only be available on a live-streamed basis in January 2022 (part-time). The other Additional Modules will be available online in February 2022 and March 2022.
You will also study the skills that employers are most interested in so that you can enhance your academic knowledge while preparing for the realities of life in legal practice. These include commercial awareness, legal tech, resilience and wellbeing (10 credits).
Our online LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) course will offer you the best possible preparation to practise law. This course incorporates preparation for both SQE1 and SQE2, as well as additional content considered highly desirable by law firms, including key practice areas (KPAs) and enhanced skills. This programme will ensure you’re fully prepared for your career as a solicitor, as well as success in the SQE exams.
It is professionally-focused, and will equip you with the key legal knowledge and skills required to pass SQE and will prepare you for practice before your qualifying work experience (QWE).
Why choose this course?
- Develop the knowledge and skills required for a career as a solicitor by studying a suite of modules in KPAs, along with modules in skills and practice area essentials.
- With one of the largest legal careers services in the UK, ULaw gives you the support and the Qualifying Work Experience (QWE) opportunities you need to make the best start in your legal career.
- Experience of working in practice. You’ll learn in the context of our virtual law firm, ULaw LLP. ULaw LLP replicates the working environment of a law firm and students perform real-world tasks on simulated cases, deals and transactions as if they were in the office.
- Confidence for the assessments, we will prepare you for all the SQE assessments, giving you the best preparation for success.
- Brand new resources, developed specifically for SQE by our expert tutors. You’ll be provided with all course materials, including:
- An extensive bank of practice exam questions
- ULaw SQE – our intelligent revision app provides practice tests and feedback
- Brand new online study manuals.
- In-depth guidance and support from our experienced tutors, who will monitor your progress and give feedback using predictive analytics, so you’ll know where to focus.
- Taught by qualified lawyers, with practical workshops to develop your legal skills, so you’ll know what to expect in a real-life work environment.
- Enjoy flexible study – choose to study online part-time.
- We also work with 90 of the top 100 law firms.
Our years of experience in training more practising lawyers in the UK than any other law school has helped our students go on to succeed in law, business, politics and more. We believe in training students for the real world from the moment they accept a place with us.
When you book this course, you’ll get our SQE1 Exam Preparation Course and SQE2 Exam Preparation Course for free. These short, intensive revision courses will ensure you’re confident and fully prepared for the SQE1 and SQE2 assessments. More information about our SQE2 Exam Preparation Course is coming soon.
SQE1 and SQE2 will be assessed by centralised assessments introduced by the SRA, which will be an essential requirement to qualify as a solicitor in England and Wales.
You will sit your SQE assessments at Pearson VUE test centres in the UK and internationally.
Each unit will follow our unique adaptive and personalised learner journey, using our dynamic learning model: Prepare, Engage, Consolidate (PEC), covering all professional practice subjects and revision of all law subjects in the SRA’s assessment specification.
UK Entry Requirements
Students are required to possess an undergraduate degree in any subject at 2:2 or above or equivalent qualifications.
In addition, students require knowledge of the seven foundation subjects of English Legal System, Constitutional and Administrative Law including retained EU Law, Contract, Tort, Land Law, Equity and Trusts and Crime, which they can evidence through the successful completion of these modules on an LLB or equivalent; or a law conversion course or equivalent.
English language requirements for applicants whose first language is not English
- An English Language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
How to Apply
- Applications for this course are now open.
- You can apply for the LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) Online directly with the University.