SQE Law Essentials Online - Part-time
U Law Hong Kong
Earliest start date
Start your legal journey with our new SQE Law Essentials course, the first step for non-law graduates who plan to progress to SQE1. This short online course will give you an introduction to the essentials of legal knowledge required for SQE1. This allows you to progress onto our SQE1 Preparation course (coming soon) and to qualify as a solicitor.
This course is subject to approval.
Live tutor contact
All our law tutors are qualified lawyers with real-life experience in practice allowing students to learn in a realistic, professional and contemporary context.
Flexible online learning
Study when and where you want and access world-class learning materials, including our unique methods of online engagement and unrivalled online tutor support.
Our expansive legal alumni group gives law students and professionals excellent networking opportunities.
You will learn the essentials of the seven academic modules that will be covered in the SQE1 assessment – Functioning Legal Knowledge (FLK). You will receive an ebook study manual for each of these modules.
- English Legal System and Constitutional Law (including Retained EU Law)
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Criminal Law
- Land Law
We are one of the UK's longest-established specialist providers of legal education, with a rich heritage and reputation for innovation. Our years of experience in training more practising lawyers in the UK than any other law school has helped our students go on to succeed in law, business, politics and more. We believe in training students for the real world from the moment they accept a place with us.
With the SQE Law Essentials, you will receive online support and feedback from one of our expert legal tutors. You’ll have access to world-class learning materials, including our unique methods of online engagement, and unrivalled online tutor supervision and support.
Why choose this course?
- Be ready to progress your legal training and go on to study the SQE1.
- Develop the skills required to answer SQE1 style legal knowledge questions.
- Spread out your study with our structured modular study pattern, so you can focus on key areas each semester, instead of all at the end of the course.
- Learn using our successful and unique Prepare, Engage, Consolidate (PEC) learning model.
- Receive focused tutor support, from qualified lawyers, with weekly tutor-led sessions in every module.
- Enjoy flexible study – choose to study full-time online or part-time online.
- Receive access to our Careers and Pro Bono team, who make up our award-winning Employability Service. Your bespoke Employability Law Essentials Programme will help you understand and develop the key competencies required for being a solicitor.
- We also work with over 90 of the top 100 law firms.
There are no exams. There are mock SQE1 assessments arranged in week four of each semester in order to help you prepare for the requirements of the real assessments.
On successful completion of our SQE Law Essentials, including practice tests and mocks, you will obtain a completion certificate which will facilitate progression on to our LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2).
Please note: This course does not lead to an academic award.
This course includes five units of self-guided study per module, plus five tutor-led online Q&A sessions focusing on areas of difficulty, volunteered by students or identified by learner analytics.
There will be a one-hour facilitated Tutor Review Session (TRS) per unit. These are held each week, usually over a lunchtime session (12:30 - 13:30 Thursday and Friday).
None required. However, the SRA requires a degree (or equivalent) to qualify as a solicitor.