Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies Hodges University
Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies
The BS in Legal Studies is an excellent pathway to either pursue education as a lawyer or attend graduate school for your Juris Master. Graduates have stated that they felt well prepared for their future endeavors based on the education they received at Hodges U.
BS in Legal Studies Provides a Solid Foundation in Legal Theory and Practice Needed for Law School or the Juris Master
- BS in Legal Studies is a comprehensive curriculum designed to provide a solid foundation in legal theory and practice.
- It is intended to ready students to pursue a graduate degree in law and other disciplines such as JM, JD, Criminal Justice, Political Science, Healthcare Administration, or Government.
- Receive innovative eLitigation law training with eDiscovery and eLitigation courses.
- Graduates of the BS in Legal Studies attain competencies and training to understand the legal terminology necessary to work cooperatively with attorneys and other legal professionals such as Legal Assistants, Court Assistants, Probation Officers, Research Assistants, or Administrative Supervisors.
- Our professors are experienced lawyers, bringing the real world into the classroom.
You Simply Can’t Do Better Than Hodges!
- 100% Online coursework makes this an accessible program for working adults.
- Hodges Among 2019 Best Online Bachelor’s Law Degrees in Florida.
- Graduates have reported that the skills gained in the legal studies program have served them well as they have transitioned into law school.
- Graduates of the BS in Legal Studies not pursuing a law degree may pursue the Juris Master at Hodges U.
- Hodges University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Program Tuition Fee
- The Guide to Online Schools: 2020 Best Online Colleges in Florida
- Best Paralegal Schools Online The Top 10 Best Online Paralegal Degree Programs
- The Best Schools: The Best Online Paralegal Bachelor’s Programs
- Online Schools Center: Top Accredited Online Colleges for 2021
- Most Affordable Colleges: 100 Most Affordable Legal Studies Colleges 2021
Area I: Legal Studies Component
- Fundamentals of Law
- Introduction to Criminal Justice Systems
- Legal Research & Writing I
- Criminal Law
- Legal Research & Writing II
- Criminal Law and Court Procedure
- Introduction to Constitutional Law
- Business Law
- Legal Ethics
- Legal Research & Writing III
- Legal Reasoning
- Statutory Interpretation
- Criminal Justice and Public Policy
- Data Privacy and Social Media
- Identity Politics and the Legal System
- eLitigation and Litigation Support
- Advanced Constitutional Law
Total Legal Studies Component: 60
Area II: General Education Component
- Computer Applications
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- American National Government
- Critical Thinking
- Communication, Culture, and Community
- Mathematics or Science
- General Education Elective
Total General Education Component: 30
Area III: Elective Component
Total Elective Component: 30
Total Semester Hours for Graduation: 120
- Legal Contracts Manager
- Law Office Manager