The Master of Laws in US Law (LLM) & Master of Comparative Law (MCL) Program is designed to prepare lawyers from other countries to work knowledgeably with lawyers in the United States on questions of common interest arising under either their own or the US legal system.
- The courses offered by our program allow you to tailor the program to fit your academic and professional interests.
- As a complement to the existing LLM/MCL Program for foreign lawyers, California Western offers a Certificate Program in US Law for lawyers, judges, and legal academics and scholars who are available to visit the US for only one semester.
Why California Western?
- California Western was one of the first schools to offer an LLM course in the USA for foreign lawyers.
- Our program has over 500 graduates from 62 countries. Read our trimesterly newsletter to see the successes our graduates have had after completing the program and using their LLM degree in the USA.
- You will be joining a diverse student body. 44 percent of our entering fall 2012 students represent ethnically diverse backgrounds. National Jurist magazine recently named California Western among the top 40 law schools in the country for diversity.
- San Diego an ideal city to live in while you continue your legal education. Mild year-round weather and convenient access to beaches and the ocean are only part of the appeal. The California Western campus is located in the heart of San Diego's legal and political community.
How to Apply
- Fill out and send in an LLM/MCL Application
- Read the LLM/MCL Requirements to make sure that your application is complete.
- Review the Tuition and Fees for the program
- If applicable, please review the immigration information and assistance for international students
About the School
California Western School of Law is committed to using the law to solve human and societal problems. Our mission is to train ethical, competent and compassionate lawyers, representative of our diverse ... Read More