The LL.B degree in Law with Accounting is a 4-year degree programme combining the twin disciplines of law and accounting. The degree will involve the study of the core modules required for a law degree and those necessary for the study of accounting. The qualification provides an excellent training for the legal and business professional.
The degree at Independent College Dublin benefits from the endorsement and strong support of the Bristol Law School at the University of the West of England, Bristol one of the leading law schools in the United Kingdom. The course is delivered by a team of enthusiastic and experienced teachers. Furthermore, the nature of class sizes encourages an interactive and discursive approach towards the study of law.
The degree is delivered over four years on a full time and evening basis. Typically, students will be required to complete four modules each year over two 12 week teaching semesters.
The College also sets minimum entry requirements for all its degree programmes to ensure that students have the necessary academic strength to successfully complete the programme. The minimum entry requirements for all first degree programmes at the College are set out below:
Minimum Entry Requirements: To be admitted to the programme, students must have obtained 300 Leaving Certificate points. For further details on admission please contact the College’s Admissions Office.
Applicants with other qualifications or experience: We welcome applications from those who do not have the entry requirements outlined here. The University will consider applications on the basis of evidence of personal, professional and educational experience which indicate an applicant's ability to meet the demands of a degree. We like to give such applicants every opportunity to show that they have the motivation and ability to succeed in their chosen programme of study
Full Time: EU Students: €4,750 per annum (Payment plan options available)
Each module is assessed by way of a three hour closed book examination at the end of the academic year i.e. May. Resit opportunities are available in August. The final examination accounts for typically 75% of the total marks. Typically, the remaining 25% of available marks are available for the successful completion of written coursework which is prepared throughout the academic year.
The University of the West of England, Bristol.
The degree programme will provide students with a flexible qualification which can allow them to pursue careers in either the legal or business fields. Graduates of the programmes will be provided with the core competencies to study law and accounting at professional level whether that is as an accountant or trained lawyer.
About the School
You may have many choices facing you, but before you decide where to go to complete your undergraduate, postgraduate or professional qualification, here are some of the reasons why you should choose I ... Read More