Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) - full-time
Get on the case with our modular Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL).
The University of Law's (ULaw) GDL spreads the workload for a better-paced approach.
Our modular GDL enables students to immerse themselves fully in the law in a short space of time.
Here are just some of the reasons why our GDL is best placed to help you prepare for your future legal career:
- A better-paced programme
- Our better paced GDL makes it manageable to learn vast amounts of law in a very short space of time.
- Immersive learning with no excessive end of course assessments
- Unlike linear GDL programmes, where all subjects run together at the same time, our unique course structure is very similar to your first degree and is spread over two semesters, meaning you can actually 'bank' some exams in the first semester and therefore remove any excessive end of course assessment burden.
- Teaching by qualified lawyers
- You'll be taught by qualified lawyers with extensive practice experience.
- Students are required to possess a 2:2 or above from an undergraduate degree in any discipline.
- Mature non-graduates or overseas graduates seeking to become a future barrister should apply for a Certificate of Academic Standing from the Bar Stand Board (BSB). Those wishing to become a future solicitor should send their qualifications through to the Admissions team who can deem whether or not you are eligible for the course.
- International students: An English Language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
- We also offer a pre-sessional English course to students who need to improve their English skills in order to meet the IELTS requirements for entry onto the course.
About the School
The University of Law is one of the UK's longest-established specialist providers of legal education, with a rich heritage and reputation for innovation. In fact, we've trained more practising lawyers ... Read More